Request a QuotePlease complete the details below:
Powersaver Range (PSR)
Power saving by voltage optimisation
Primarily designed for markets that have a fairly reliable voltage supply, the Powersaver gives the user the chance to reduce electricity consumption and carbon output by up to 20%, literally overnight. A saving on electricity bills can be achieved by reducing the incoming supply voltage (242V average in the UK), to a more modest 220V or lower dependent on loads and optimising of the electrical supply.
The Powersavers advantage over any other method of voltage optimisation is that each phase is independently and linearly controlled to a site predetermined level. The adaptive control maintains this level, eliminating supply voltage fluctuations, allowing the full site potential savings to be achieved. Additionally, by balancing the phase voltages, direct drive motors will also improve their efficiency.
The Powersaver is supplied in a compact design ideal for retrofitting into existing switchgear rooms. Available with a number of correction ranges in either single and three phase to suit your particular site requirement and loadings up to 4,000kVA.
|1-phase Powersaver (PSR) Datasheet||3-phase Powersaver
|1 phase Powersaver Transformer (PST) Datasheet|
- Save up to 20% of your electricity costs
- Reduces Carbon Footprint
- Contributes to Corporate Responsibility
- 18-24 months return on investment
- Balances phase voltages
- Eliminates supply voltage fluctuations
- Outputs adjustable whilst on-line and load
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Regulates your supply voltages
- Increases equipment life
- Output Voltage Site determined nominal 220 Vrms single phase and 380 Vrms three phase, 4 wire star connected.
- Output voltage accuracy: ±1.0% or better accuracy maintained over the full range of input voltage variations from zero to full load irrespective of power factor, frequency variations and ambient temperature changes from 0 deg C to +45 deg C. Three phase stabilisers will also maintain the accuracy of each phase, line to neutral, even if the input voltage and load are unbalanced.
- Input voltage range is shown as a percentage of the pre-set output voltage. Each model can be supplied in one of three performance models (others upon request) shown in the ratings chart. The 'R" number (total input voltage correction range) has to be specified at time of order.
- Supply frequency 47 to 65Hz
- Power Factor has no effect on the performance
- Waveform distortion negligible
- Efficiency >99% at full load
- Transient suppression IPP @ 8/20µs : 8000A. Clamping max 840V
- Correction Time varies according to the model size, typically 3 cycles (0.15 sec) for smaller models and 15 cycles
(0.6 sec) for the larger ones.
- Quality Management System. Assessed and approved to ISO 9001:2000
- CE Conformity Conforms to the requirements of council directive 89/336/EEC EMC (Valid to Oct 2009) & 2004/108 EEC emissions / immunity and directive 2006/95/EC, (Formally 73.23.EEC) Low voltage directive.
- Spike Suppression. Metal oxide transient voltage suppression is fitted as standard. Additional protection can be provided to attenuate spikes and noise down to harmless levels
- Lightning Arrestors. Can be provided to protect the Powersaver from the harmful effects of induced lightning strikes to the incoming supply distribution network.
- Three Phase models are normally supplied for "star" connection and require an incoming neutral. If no neutral available a static balancer can be fitted to provide an artificial neutral.
- Environment the quoted current ratings apply to ambient temperatures from 0 Deg C to +45 Deg C. (non-condensing)
- Working altitude 1000 m (derate by 2.5% for each additional 500m)
- Surge rating 1000% for 2 seconds, 300% for 1 minute and 200% for 5 minutes.
- Audible noise level less than 45dB at 1m distance.
- Environmental Management Policy. Assessed and approved to ISO 14001:2004
- Construction, the Powersavers are enclosed in robust floor standing cubicles, with door access for easy installation and servicing. Enclosures to IP20 BS60529